2/13/12

Moving forward...

The past month or so I have been given an opportunity to explore new horizons with a new company.  I have been working for WSU for nine years now, I love WSU! It is my alma mater, but not only that, I literally grew up on this campus. It's filled with people who I feel are family members and is considered a second home to me - truly. Since I was 10 years old I have only been disconnected from this school for maybe 3 years total. It has been loyal to me and I am grateful for the experiences I have had while here. Thus, choosing a new opportunity with a new company, for me, was a big deal. I know some of you may feel that is WEIRD! to have such a connection to a school/job, but I am a sentimental fool - "It's my one weakness!"

The new opportunity though has brought with it answers to some long waited prayers. I know that it is the right move for me right now. Some of the benefits are that I will be able to work from home thus being more accessible to my children and a bit of a pay increase, and who can argue with that. I will be working for the company SunGaurd Higher Education who is currently undergoing a merger with Datatel. In very basic terms my responsibility will be interpreting institution's catalog degree requirements and inputting them into the computer program so that students can pull up a check list of sorts that helps them see their progress. For those who attend WSU, they call it "CatTracks."  I love higher education and could not have asked for a better compromise of being home with my kids and still keep my foot in the door of the career field I love so much. Definitely a miracle from above.

As my time at WSU comes to an end I am feeling a little emotionally bipolar! So for those who interact with me in the next couple weeks - please be patient as I will most likely be a bit of an emotional mess. That said, be comforted, as I am, that it is the right path for me and any struggle will be met with faith, hope, and smiles all around.

1 comment: