12/2/10

Thanksgiving

      
     Thanksgiving this year was spent with the Nicholas family. It was so fun to be with my grandparents, Aunt Kathy, and some of my cousins. I was really grateful that I was able to go help set up the tables and have some very sweet moments with my grandma and grandpa. It is always fun to listen to their stories when my mom was little, and they were a young couple trying to get through the War. Learning that my grandma's house was at one time a restaurant that had to close up shop so my grandpa bought it with out her knowing was priceless. I'm so lucky to have a family with such strong ties.

The other special moment - well at least after some finageling - was being able to see and talk with my brother's family who live back East. Skype is a blessing for sure! I can hardly wait to wrap my arms around those darling kids when they come out this Christmas.

Lastly, the best thing about this Thanksgiving was that I didn't have to wake up to do any Black Friday Doorbusters! Don't get me wrong, I love to shop that day - and will do the doorbusters with a smile - but being able to sleep in was pretty great too. I do have to say that as I was getting ready I found myself a bit anxious about all those who had gone and purchased EVERYTHING so I would have NOTHING - No worries though, I got all I needed and more!!! Not to mention a girls weekend away with my cousins - man do we know how to party, laugh, and well - let's just say there is lipsinc video that should be destroyed - RIGHT KATH! Good times, good times!

Definitely I have been blessed this year with amazing family, friends, and health. My work is all I ever wanted - flexible so I can be with my kids, fulfilling as a professional, and pays the bills (well, most of them) - can't complain that's for sure! I also have plenty to look forward too this year - most especially the graduation of my husband from college! It's been an amazing journey, I'm just excited to get to the next phase.

1 comment:

  1. Not to worry. The lipsync video is under lock and key. I'll save it for future leverage.

    ReplyDelete