4/16/09

Can hardly wait...


Every year my "Sassy" friends and I back up our kitchen sinks and then some extra fun stuff and head up to Park City for a "Scrapbook Retreat" at least that is how it all began. Sisters, cousins, friends, and neighbors found a common interest in creating beautiful pages of memories of our children a long time ago. Little did we know that three (a lot longer for some of us) years later we would have eternal friendships that are priceless. We have gone through many things together - some happy, some sad, some almost unbearable. And yet, every spring and fall we manage to convince our families that we need a break. First it was a couple, then three, and now four whole days away!! I think we are some of the luckiest women alive. Our "scrapbook retreat" is filled with shopping, food, hot-tub, food, movies, food, music, food, oh - and scrapbooking.... and yes MORE FOOD. Many times it is hard for us to get together, and finding the perfect date for the retreats is very hard. And yet - we MAKE it work. Just like a marriage, we don't always agree (thank heaven - how boring would that be), but we work at it - and the payoff, well I can't even begin to tell you all the things they do for me. It's the quick funny email of the latest Flight of the Concord video, a pizza when your sick, a girls lunch & movie, a quick "you would not believe what just happened to me" moment, finally - just knowing that they are there...
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
I have many friends (and I love them all!) but I want you Sassy's to know I am counting the seconds until our PC/SCRAP/CRY/LAUGH/BICKER/LOVE fest next week begins.

3 comments:

  1. Ali, I am just as excited! I can't wait! It is going to be a blast!!! How about we all go up on Wednesday instead????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm all for adding another day!
    I feel so lucky to have the best group of friends! Love you and can't wait to see you in 6 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 5 days left until retreat! My whole existance has been based on the fact that I knew I would get to be with my "sassy's" soon! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete