4/20/11

Because it's Easter...

This past week a friend of mine shared an amazing CD with me, Lamb of God, by Rob Gardner. If you love the music from Les Miserables you will absolutely love this CD. Be mindful those who choose to REALLY listen, it is indeed a moving and life altering experience. I listened to it on my way to work and well, I had to reapply my make-up completely.

Understanding what happened to our Savior and to those close to Him in His final week here on this earth and through the time He was resurrected on it's own (through scriptures) is incredible, the music that Rob has put with it.... there are no words (even though I am trying). Please note - this is not an exageration! I recommend you all take a bit of your Easter weekend and listen to Christ's story so eloquently told to us through music by Rob Gardner.

I would like to share the words to one of the songs that lifted my spirit and hope that it brings you hope.

FYI - you can go to his web site or itunes to order or listen.

No. 11 ‘Here is Hope’

MARY (MOTHER)
He who healed our sorrows
Here was bruised and broken.
He whose love no end knows
Here was forsaken,
Left all alone.
Here despair cries boldly,
Claiming this its vict'ry.
Sweeter peace enfolds me:
Hope did not die here,
But here was given.
Here is Hope.
He who was rejected,
He knows well my longing
He, so long expected
Carried our burdens,
Bore ev'ry sorrow:
Here is Hope!

CHOIR
Here is love unbounded,
Here is all compassion,
Here is mercy founded!

MARY
Hope did not die here,
But here was given;
And ours is the vict'ry.
Here is Hope.


Thank you Nicole for sharing this with me. I hope you all have a great Easter weekend and remember why it is indeed a celebration of life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment